Sunday, 15 December 2013

RIMMEL LONDON STAY MATTE POWDER

        Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder | £3.99 Boots

I'm ashamed to admit that until recently, I had never tried this product. The drugstore price tag and plastic packaging made me foolishly pass it by. Not to mention my skin's dislike to powders. That said, towards the end of each and every day a moon shine shimmer would be living it up on my forehead. Nice. So in an attempt to fix up my luminous face, I decided to pick this up and see what all the fuss was about....

My conclusion? It's the best darn' drugstore powder you will ever apply. It does exactly what it says on the plastic lid. It fixes up make-up seamlessly with a smooth matte finish and keeps shine at bay without a trace. I'm not sure if it quite lives up to its 12-hour promise but it does last 9-5 and with a quick re-application you're good to go again. I opted for the translucent shade but there's a range of colours to suit everyone. Oh and did I mention it's under £4? Bargain-licious. 

Have you tried Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder? 

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE Rimmel Stay Matte,it's incredible! x

    http://underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good! Really regretting not trying it earlier! x

      Delete
  2. ahh it's the best <3 love it so much xx

    www.a-little-treat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about trying this for a while, but my NARS pressed powder does the job for now, Rimmel seem to be very good with powders!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of Nars, but I totally shunned Rimmel for ages but it is really good! x

      Delete
  4. What fab pictures your blog has! What camera do you use? I am now following on Bloglovin. It would be great to follow each other's blogging journey!

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I'm still a total camera novice but I use a Nikon D40 xx

      Delete
  5. The Stay Matte powder is my favourite, I actually hit pan on it recently and I need to get a new one soon :)!
    I love your blog, I'm a new follower!

    Happy holidays!
    xx nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this, but I have been testing out the Rimmel primer and I love it! Its very silky and smooth and does a really good job at keeping making up lasting all day!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bought one of these ages ago, just ran out but it lasted me very well and did my face wonders! xx

    http://loveisrealbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! love that powder! new follower!! hope u check out my blog!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use this everyday it's a great mattifying powder! Although I still get shiny after a few hours but it's not a miracle worker haha xx

    ReplyDelete